I think I’m obsessed with fashion and style blogs and what to wear. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I’m 30. You know, the age that’s seems to suggest maturity. How is a 30 year old woman supposed to dress? I’m in the process Of reviewing the wardrobe to eliminate all the stuff that are too short, too tight and well… Too cute.
Here’s what I think about dressing up at 30.
1. Anything mini has to go, minuscule skirts and shorts are not kind to mature bodies unless you are the lucky minority who has good genes/ work your arse off in the gym/eat like a rabbit / bird.
2. Less is more. Simple lines and classic forms always work when you are in doubt.
3. Neutral base always. Anyone can wear neutral colours. They are essential items in your wardrobe. Grey, black, white and khakis are your best friends. They’ll help you ground statement pieces and balance bright pieces.
4. Form skimming not skin tight. I’m going to throw out anything that reveals the rolls of flesh in the middle. That’s just not pleasant AT. ALL.
5. Revealing clothes are off limits. Nobody needs to see your bits and bumps. Nobody. At 30, we know we can look sexy and alluring fully clothed. I’m not a prude. What I mean is, reveal just enough to tantalize not traumatize.
6. I supposed I also have less need for party clothes, because well, party days are bygone.. Adios.さよなら. I need practical yet stylish clothes. Just because I’m a stay home mom doesn’t mean I shouldn’t care about my appearance. My mom looked like she was in her 30s when she was in her 40s. I’m going to beat that. I will look like I’m in my late 20s when I’m 40. Wait and see. Yes, I have gone off tangent. Less party clothes. More everyday chic pieces, please.
I’m excited abt the shopping trip. The husband has set aside $600 for moi to shop. I would have to clean out my wardrobe for all the new items. I need to make a list.
I hope I can have a proper style docu blog one day. The end.